At Blue Heron Capital, we believe in helping people plan to live their best retirement. We offer a blend of solutions to create comprehensive retirement plans for our clients, including income planning, tax planning, investments, Roth conversions, what to do with other employer accounts, estate planning, and more. All this is done with a high level of professionalism and your best interests in mind.
Below is a list of services and questions we help clients answer daily:
Comprehensive Retirement Planning
- How do I create a comprehensive written retirement plan that provides income to support my retirement lifestyle, accounts for taxes, includes inflation, reduces investment risks and more?
- Will I outlive my money?
- Will I have enough income to maintain my lifestyle during my retirement?
- Which accounts should I draw from first during retirement?
- When should I begin my Social Security benefits?
- Will taxes derail my retirement?
- If taxes could be my biggest expense during retirement, what can I do to minimize them?
- Roth conversions - Should I consider converting my IRAs and 401(k)s to Roth IRA accounts?
- Are there other strategies that can reduce taxes for me and my heirs?
- Is there too much risk in my retirement investments?
- Now that I'm approaching or already in retirement, how should my accounts be invested?
- What is sequence of returns and will it be an issue for me and my family?
- Markets go up, markets go down. How much can I afford to lose and still have enough to live on for the rest of my life?
- What should I do with my Simple IRA, 401(k), 401(a), 403(b), TSA, TSP and other retirement accounts with current and/or former employers?
- Should I take a lump-sum pension distribution from my employer?
- Should I accept an early retirement offer from my employer?
- What do I need to know about wills, trusts, and probates?
- Are my beneficiary designations up to date?
- How do I provide for someone with special needs?
- How do I make sure my beneficiaries receive as much as possible from my accounts and estate?
- Will my spouse be okay financially after I pass away?
- How will I pay for health care needs that are not covered by Medicare?
- 7 out of 10 people will need some kind of long-term care during their lifetime. Since Medicare doesn't pay for extended long-term care, how do I pay for it if I, or a loved one, needs it?